Every Thursday through September, the outdoor is open 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the 3-6 p.m. in October.
Here's a few items to check out at the June 28, 2012 market:
- Visit with representatives of North Memorial Hospital and , who will offer bike helmets. The helmets will cost $10-$12, depending upon style, and helmet fitting and strap adjustment will be offered. “Our guests look forward to this event each year,” said Maple Grove Farmers Market Coordinator Carol Morris. “This is a great opportunity to outfit the whole family for safe biking.”
- At 4 p.m., join Master Gardener Patti Lauer at the market information trailer to learn more about a no-dig garden technique called lasagna gardening.
- Bluesman and one-man band Big Bob Scoggin will play the market from 3-6 p.m.
- Listen to family storytime, which begins 4:30 p.m. each week during the Maple Grove Farmers Market season.
- Shop the more than 50 vendors selling fresh produce and other items, five of which were recently featured on wcco.com as the “best vendors” at the Maple Grove Farmers Market.
- Visit the market information trailer and pick up some free recipes and more.
- Sign up for the Maple Grove Farmers Market frequent shopper program. Ask about it at the Market Information Trailer or visit the Maple Grove city website.
- Play at nearby .
- Take photos at the Maple Grove Farmers Market and check out how you can enter them in the .
- Relax with a dinner at the market with some local barbecue or brick oven pizza for dinner, or a snack, such as iced coffee and a cookie, while sitting in the market’s new shaded seating area.