Students and staff in the will see some upgrades in their buildings at the start of the 2012-2013 school year.
Here are some highlights of in Maple Grove and Osseo that happened over the summer, along with the budget amount. The information was provided by the Osseo School District.
- Ventilation system balance repair - $100,000 (total includes Oak View Elementary and Edinbrook Elementary)
- Air cooled chiller - $671,000
- Paving rehabilitation - $85,000
- Paving rehabilitation - $189,000
- Paving rehabilitation - $240,000
- Ventilation system balance repair - $100,000 (total includes Fernbrook and Edinbrook)
Former Osseo Elementary building
- Roof replacement - $690,000
- Pool drain code correction - $40,000
- Clock/Bell system replacement - $15,000
- Stage floor replacement - $85,000
- Flooring replacement - $85,000
- Electrical panel replacement - $25,000
- Ceilings, lights for 16 rooms - $75,000
- Art rooms - $100,000
- Controlled entrance - $25,000
- Roof replacement - $1.3 million
District-wide projects include lockset replacement ($50,000), landscaping at the elementary and secondary schools ($100,00) and wet roof insulation replacement ($200,000).
Other large facilities projects in District 279 for fiscal year 2013 included a boiler replacement at Brooklyn Park’s Fair Oaks Elementary ($910,200) and Crest View Elementary ($670,226) as well as a roof replacement at Edinbrook Elementary ($550,000).