It’s a new school year across the .
As thousands of students across the fifth largest school district in the state find their new classrooms and teachers Sept. 6, other changes happened during the summer in the Maple Grove school buildings.
For the 2011-2012 school year, here are some of the new changes happening in District 279 schools as provided by the Osseo School District.
- The first year of the multi-year starts during the 2011-2012 school year. Dr. Teri Staloch, Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Educational Service will oversee the implementation.
- Advanced placement (AP) world history was added to two high schools in the Osseo School District, one of which is .
- Several buildings received work during the summer, such as:
-Partial or total roof replacement at and .
-Controlled entrances added at , , , and .
-Clock/bell system replacement at and and Rice Lake Elementary.
-Concrete replacement at Maple Grove Junior High and Maple Grove Senior High.
-Paving projects at Rice Lake Elementary.
-Exterior wall rehabilitation at Rice Lake and Fernbrook Elementary.
-Flooring replacement at Fernbrook Elemenatry.
- Several Maple Grove schools in District 279 websites have a new, streamlined look such as Basswood Elementary and Rice Lake Elementary.
- Maple Grove Senior High has several new sports coaches: Matt Lombardi (football), Matt Gifford (Nordic ski), Nate Uselding (boys cross country), Shannon Hoover (gymnastics) and Melanie Smith (volleyball).