Editor's note: The following was provided by the city of Maple Grove.
Maple Grove election judge recruitment - interested in working for the general election, Nov. 6, 2012?
Election judges are responsible for administering election procedures in each polling place on Election Day. Serving as an election judge is an opportunity to serve the community and to be involved in the election process.
- You must be eligible to vote in Minnesota.
- You must be able to read, write and speak English.
- You cannot be a spouse, parent, child or sibling of any election judge serving in the same precinct at the same time.
- You cannot be a candidate or the spouse, parent, child or sibling or a candidate on the ballot in that precinct.
- You are required to attend a 2-1/2 hour mandatory training session.
If you are interested in serving as an election judge for the general election, Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012, complete and return the Election Judge Application located on the Maple Grove city website at www.maplegrovemn.gov or call the Maple Grove Election Headquarters at 763-494-6498.
Applications will be accepted through 4:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 19, 2012.