The following public safety summary of information from the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Patrol Unit that includes highlights from Oct. 1-7, 2012.
In addition to the law enforcement services it provides throughout the county, the HCSO provides primary patrol services for the communities of Hassan Township, Greenfield, Medicine Lake and Fort Snelling, as well as the Hennepin County portions of Hanover and Rockford. The report was provided by the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office. Not all incidents are included in the summary.
- Oct. 1 - Deputies responded to the 13600 block of Zanzibar Lane North to assist Dayton police with a medical. A 77-year-old female had fallen and was unconscious. North ambulance arrived and transported her to Mercy Hospital.
- Oct. 1 - Deputies responded to the 8000 block of Highway 55 for a domestic incident, one person was arrested. A Hennepin County Sheriff’s detective is investigating the incident.
- Oct. 4 - Deputies responded to the 8000 block of Highway 55 for a possible domestic incident. Deputies talked to all parties involved and found no assault had taken place. Deputy advised both parties. No other action was needed.
- Oct. 5 - Deputies responded to the 10100 block of Hage Drive to assist Corcoran police with a male having difficulty breathing. The male had a terminal illness. When deputies arrived the male appeared deceased. Deputies cleared.
- Sept. 30 - Deputies responded to the 5900 block of Highway 55 for a possible burglary in progress. Deputies noticed the mailbox had been damaged when they arrived. It was found that the home was secure and no one was around. The homeowner stated the mailbox had been fine the previous day.
- Oct 1 - Deputies responded to an address in the 6700 block of Basswood Lane for a theft from vehicle report. The homeowner reported someone had taken a computer bag out of their vehicle parked in the driveway. The vehicle was left unlocked, the loss is estimated at $1,850.
- Oct. 1 - Deputies responded to the 5600 block of Highway 55 for a damage to property report. The homeowner reported someone had damaged their mailbox over the weekend while they were gone. Loss is estimated at $100.
- Oct. 3 - Deputies observed a stalled vehicle in the area of Highway 55 and County Rd 92. Deputies stopped and spoke with the driver, who stated he was unable to move the vehicle. Deputies noticed the smoke coming from the vehicle darken and observed flames now coming from engine compartment. Deputies retrieved their fire extinguisher and put the fire out. Rockford Fire was called to respond to assess the vehicle. Vehicle was towed by private tow agency.
- Oct. 3 -Deputies responded to the 7500 block of Highway 55 for a damage to property report. The Red Box machine had been damaged overnight at the business. The employee reviewed the video surveillance and estimated the damage to be $750.
- Oct. 4 - Deputies responded to the 6700 block of Sioux Trail for a theft report. The homeowner reported their credit card number had been stolen and attempts had been made to use on-line.
- Oct. 4 - Deputies responded to the 7200 block of Sterling Drive for a medical. Male having a possible heart attack. Deputies located the male who stated he did not need medical attention. No action was needed.
The communities of Rogers, Medicine Lake and Hanover had no reports provided by the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office. During the week of Oct. 1-7, the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office patrol deputies also issued five citations and provided six motorist assists.