The following are incidents were responded to by the Maple Grove Fire Department from Oct. 1-7, 2012.
- 6700 block of East Fish Lake Road. Grass fire, called to a tree on fire. Upon arriving small grass fire found by a pine tree. No determination as to what started the fire.
- 6700 block of Hemlock Lane North. Reporting party stated there was a fire under pine tree. Gave address of Hemlock and East Fish Lake Road. Unable to locate. Reporting party called back and gave Cedar Island address. Owner had put out fire with a garden hose when unit arrived.
- 96th Avenue and Revere Lane North. Investigate reported gas odor, nothing found. Asked dispatch to have gas company follow up.
- 11900 block of 100th Place North. Authorized controlled burning.
- 10100 block of Georgia Avenue North, Brooklyn Park. Called to Brooklyn Park to assist with a house fire. Provided a tanker and a grass rig. Extinguished grass fire and cleared the scene.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane North. Smell of smoke, found bad motor in roof top unit. Xcel Energy having a power outage in one leg of power supply causing outage in half the businesses along Wedgewood Lane.
- 13100 block of Weaver Lake Road North. Power outage in the area. Smell of burned out motor in the space. Checked complete area and the roof top units, found nothing. Advised the tenant to call an HVAC contractor to check out their equipment.
- 9400 block of Revere Lane North. Authorized controlled burning.
- 7200 block of Orchid Lane North. Grass fire in back yard, front yard damage as well on the 7300 block of Niagara Lane.
There were also six false or malfunctioning alarm reports.