Maple Grove fire and police personnel near Elm Creek Boulevard and County Road 81 Aug. 16 with a person “pinned by vehicle,” according to the Maple Grove fire incident report.
According to the report, crews “arrived to find an accident involving a pickup truck that appeared to have struck a semi-truck broadside near driver door of cab.” There was no fire, but an “extensive fuel leak” from the saddle tank. Responders found one occupant of the pickup truck with “both feet under front wheel of pickup truck” and the second “walking about at scene dazed. “
“Several first arriving fire and police personnel physically lifted the pickup truck from the legs of the occupant and pulled him free,” according to the fire department incident report. Both individuals were transported to the hospital. Fire personnel worked to control leaking diesel fuel from the semi-truck and used several absorbents and pads to contain and cleanup the fuel.
This, and other incidents, were reported on the Aug. 13-19, 2012 incident report.
- 15500 block of Shadow Creek Road North. Report of gas leak, homeowner was trimming shrubs and reportedly struck gas line near meter. Crews pinched off the line to control leaking natural gas and CenterPointe Energy repaired.
- 6400 block of Queensland Lane North. Cooking fire, confined to container.
- 10500 block of 105th Avenue North. Burnt food.
- 7700 block of Ranchview Lane North. Gas leak, road construction crew reportedly struck a service line. Crews pinched off the line to control leaking natural gas and CenterPointe Energy repaired.
- 9300 block of Ranchview Lane North. Authorized controlled burning.
- 7400 block of Vinewood Way North. Unauthorized burning - no permit.
- 8300 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Outside rubbish fire. Fire reportedly in a pile of newspapers lying on ground adjacent to former Hennepin County Library. Crews extinguished the fire, shoveled debris into bucket and removed from site to prevent further problems. Fire was on the sidewalk in front of building.
There were also reports of false or malfunctioning alarms.