Several separate building fires prompted calls to the Maple Grove Fire Department the week of Feb. 6 through Feb. 12, according to an incident report provided by the fire department.
The first call happened about 3 p.m. Feb. 6 to a home on the 6200 block of Eagle Lake Drive where a worked reported seeing and smelling smoke from a light switch dimmer that was hot. No fire was located, but the homeowner was advised by firefighters to replace the switch
Around 6 p.m. Feb. 6, firefighters were called to the Taco Bell restaurant on the 13900 block of Grove Drive where the lighted, electrical sign above west entrance was burning. According to the incident report, the fire did not spread to the interior of the building.
Another building fire was reported about 1:20 p.m. Feb. 8 at a home on the 7300 block of Orchid Lane N. According to the incident report, there was a fire in the ceiling/attic above the second floor bathroom that was being remodeled. The fire caused damage to the roof trusses in the attic above the fire.
Maple Grove firefighters responded to a call of a building fire at a home on the 12800 block of 82nd Place North around 2 p.m. Feb. 9 when a passerby observed a grill propane tank on fire. The homeowner extinguished the fire before crews arrived.
These, and other incidents, appeared on the weekly report provided by the Maple Grove Fire Department for the week of Feb. 6 through Feb. 12 such as a call to the 6900 block of Casey Lane North for a chimney fire, one EMS call, one motor vehicle accident with injuries call, three cooking related fires, one unauthorized burning, six false alarms or alarm malfunctions and more.