The Maple Grove Fire Department continues to investigate a house fire that started shortly before 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon on the 6800 block of Empire Lane.
According to Fire Chief Scott Anderson, the fire started in a bedroom of the rental home and was first noticed by a youth returning home from school. No one was injured in the fire.
“You could smell the smoke in our house,” a nearby neighbor told Patch, stating smoke was “billowing out the back” when she came outside.
In addition to damages in the bedroom, Anderson said smoke damaged the upper floor. He estimated the home would not be liable for at least a few months.
Maple Grove Police, Fire as well as North Memorial and CenterPoint Energy responded to the incident.