Less than a month ago, the Maple Grove City Council at its regular meeting.
The news of the potential new business in the city brought mixed reactions from Maple Grove Patch readers. Comments of support and excitement were expressed, such as:
- Kayla Dean- "Chick-fil-A is the best southern fast food chain to ever exist. The UofM Coffman has a small location with a limited menu and food that's always luke-warm and overpriced. This is heaven-sent!"
- Carly Monson - "A lot of people in Maple Grove will be very excited to have a Chick-fil-A, including me!"
Several Patch readers responded:
- Chad - "It's too bad they have such a terrible, discriminatory ethical policy toward gay people. I'd like to support them, since they're building a location in our community, but I can't support a company with such hateful policies."
- Tami - “….I myself never have had eaten at this restaurant franchise, nor will I ever for 2 reasons, first, we have enough junk food/fast food places here in Maple Grove, we don't need one more, second, they are against my right to marry whom ever I want, I have a right to not grace them with any $$ from my pocket….”
Other readers urged the debate to cease:
- Lee - "I sure wish we didn't have to drag politics in absolutely everything. You know what's also hateful? Hating everything and everyone that doesn't agree with you. Lighten up."
Around the country, Wednesday was considered appreciation day for Chick-fil-A supporters, according to a Pioneer Press article which said opponents of the company’s position are planning a “Kiss Mor Chiks” for Friday when they are “encouraging people of the same sex to show up at Chick-fil-A restaurants around the country and kiss each other.”
What do you think about Chick-fil-A opening in Maple Grove? Will actions happening around the country and/or by Chick-fil-A owners shape your view on Chick-fil-A opening in Maple Grove? Share your thoughts in comments.
If you read this, you might also be interested in reading this opinion piece on Richfield Patch:
Read all of the comments on the original article: