in Maple Grove recently finished its 20,000 square foot facility .
As one of the largest churches in the ELCA, Lord of Life Lutheran Church has more than 8,000 members – a 50 percent increase in membership from when the building opened in 2001.
The addition to the northwest corner of the existing building, plus some space changes, resulted in the following additions which were completed in 2012:
- 2,000 square foot expansion of Fellowship Hall
- 2,000 square foot expansion of Youth Room
- 2,500 square foot multi-use space for recreational, educational and event usage
- Technologically equipped 1,500 square foot adult education space
- 1,200 square foot multi-use space
- Prayer room
- Kiosk-type coffee shop/resource shop that connects to outdoor seating garden area
- Five classrooms
- Service Center
- Caring Community Center
- Informal areas for casual meetings
- 100 parking spaces
- Reconfiguring nursery, childcare and preschool areas into integrated suite
- Reconfiguring administrative offices for efficiency
- Dividing the drama room into three classrooms
The cost for the 20,000 square foot expansion, preconstruction, was estimated to be about $4 million.
How can you help?
Lord of Life Lutheran Church is looking for donations to help furnish and landscape the newly renovated area. From folding chairs to Autumn Blaze Maples, you can find a full list of gift ideas here and donation information: http://www.lordoflife.org/furnishings
Editor’s note: Expansion information provided by the Lord of Life Lutheran Church website.
What do you think of the building expansion at Lord of Life Lutheran Church? Tell us in comments!
Editor’s note: Be sure to follow Maple Grove Patch on Twitter, like us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletters, which send you updates about stories, breaking news, announcements, events and blogs on the site.