Victims Rescued From Elevators During Power Outage: Maple Grove Fire Blotter
There was also a motorcycle accident with injuries reported.
The following are incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Fire Department from Sept. 17-23, 2012.
- 16900 block of 90th Court. Cooking fire, confined to container.
- 6400 block of Sycamore Lane North. Occupant doing laundry noted a smell of smoke, then observed smoke. Apartment building manager used fire extinguisher on fire involving dryer. Police officer used one additional fire extinguisher and noted possible electrical sparks. Dryer electrical panel and some clothes were burned. Fans used for smoke and fire extinguisher powder extraction.
- 9100 block of Comstock Lane North.Removal of victim(s) from stalled elevator. Power outage in area. Residents of apartment building in elevator stalled between floors, manually lowered elevator.
- 16500 block of 92nd Avenue North. Removal of victim(s) from stalled elevator. Power outage in area. Persons trapped in elevator between floors, manually lowered elevator.
- 18700 block of 82nd Place North. Arcing, shorted electrical equipment.
- Adjacent to Interstate 94. Brush or brush-and-grass mixture fire.
- 8100 block of Kimberly Lane North. Chemical spill or leak. Chemical odor in basement of home, was leaking aerosol paint can.
- 15900 block of 73rd Place North. Unauthorized burning.
- 9800 block of Revere Lane North. Odor, smell of gas.
- 9200 block of Peony Lane North. Strange odor/smell.
- 85th Ave N & Zachary Lane North. Motor vehicle accident with injuries. Called to assist at motor vehicle accident involving motorcycle. Two firefighters accompanied ambulance to hospital and assisted with emergency care. Other personnel assisted with traffic control at the scene.
- 7100 block of Merrimac Lane North. Unauthorized burning - no permit.
There were also seven false or malfunctioning alarm reports.