Town Green Use Grows in Second Year of Operation in Maple Grove
The venue continues to draw patrons for a variety of entertainment events and rentals.
In its second year in operation, the Town Green venue off of Main Street Maple Grove is growing in popularity.
During the Sept. 16 Maple Grove City Council meeting, Parks and Recreation Director Terry Just presented an overview of the public response to Town Green in 2011.
“Since opening in June 2010 the Town Green has received numerous accolades for its design but the most valuable review is the amazing public response,” Just said in a memo to the council. “This is evident in the growing attendance at each performance but even more evident in the commentary from those attending the events.”
How has the event usage at Town Green grown?
The 2011 numbers presented at the Maple Grove City Council showed:
- Total attendance: 12,000 people compared to 10,000 in 2010
- Total events: 49 compared to 42 in 2010
- Highest attended event: 1,065 for the Bob Dylan Tribute that surpassed the 2010 movie of Alvin and the Chipmunks with 700 in attendance.
- Wedding rentals: seven compared to two in 2010
- Meeting room rentals: 67 to date compared to 43 in 2010
- Concession sales: $6,945 compared to $5,740 in 2010
“Maple Grove and area residents love the new Town Green and what it adds to their community,” Just said in the memo.
The last scheduled event at Town Green is a Movie by Moonlight Friday, Sept. 23.