Police Blotter: Thief Tries to Return Stolen Ham for Refund
The theft and attempted return of a ham were among the incidents appearing on the recent Maple Grove Police Blotter.
The following is a synopsis of some of the incidents that occurred in Maple Grove during the week of March 30 to April 5 as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department.
If arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. For additional details, visit the city of Maple Grove website crime mapping section.
- Vandalism on the 9600 block of Annapolis Lane. Report of wires to outdoor cameras disconnected.
- Burglary on the 12500 block of 74th Avenue. Report of golf bag and clubs and a GPS unit stolen from garage.
- Theft on the Weaver Lake Road/Forestview Lane. Report of a license plate stolen from vehicle and used in a gas drive off.
- Theft from auto on the 6500 block of Forestview Lane. Report of a GPS unit stolen from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight.
- Theft from auto on the 6500 block of Evergreen Lane. Report of cell phone stolen from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight.
- Theft from auto on the 18000 block of Weaver Lake Road. Report of a GPS unit and a purse stolen from vehicle with window part way down parked in driveway overnight.
- Theft from auto on the 6800 block of Deerwood Lane. Report of loose change and a power outlet converter stolen from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight.
- Damage to property at 73rd Ave/Kirkwood Lane. Report of window smashed out of vehicle.
- Damage to property at 89th Ave/Rosewood Lane. Report of window broken out of vehicle driving in the area, possibly with a rock or a BB gun.
- Theft on the 6300 block of Vinewood Lane. Report of a cell phone stolen at Original Pancake House.
- Theft from auto on the 17200 block of 82nd Avenue. Report of wallet stolen from vehicle at a park.
- Theft on the 12200 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of over $800 of merchandise shoplifted from Victoria’s Secret, suspects fled in a vehicle.
- Theft on the 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane, suspect arrested for shoplifting at Kohl’s.
- Medical incident on the 10000 block of 99th Place. Responded to individual having difficulty breathing—officers administered oxygen until transported to hospital by paramedics.
- Theft from auto on the 12000 block of 64th Avenue. Report of GPS unit stolen from vehicle parked in the driveway—a second vehicle was gone through but nothing taken.
- Theft on the 12700 block of 74th Avenue. Report of vehicle stolen from driveway of townhome.
- Damage to property on the 6900 block of Dallas Lane. Report of window broken out of vehicle parked in driveway overnight.
- Damage to property on the 7100 block of Annapolis Lane. Report of graffiti spray painted on side of residence.
- Theft on the 8100 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of an individual stealing a ham from Cub and then trying to return it for a refund.
- Theft on the 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of audio box, two car stereos, and a car DVD player stolen from WalMart, suspect fled in a vehicle.
- Theft on the 9800 block of Revere Lane. Report of cell phone stolen.
- Damage to property on the 11800 block of 93rd Avenue. Report of vehicle driving across lawn causing damage to the grass.
- Theft on the 16300 block of 96th Avenue, Report of vehicle leaving station without paying for gas.
- Theft on the 7700 block of Main Street, report of wallet stolen from purse while in Panera.
There were 22 property damage and two personal injury traffic accidents reported during this time period.