Police Blotter: Robbers Demand Money at Knifepoint
A robbery on the 9500 block of Blackoaks Lane was among the incidents appearing on the recent Maple Grove Police Blotter.
The following is a synopsis of some of the incidents that occurred in Maple Grove during the week of April 6 through April 12, 2012 as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department.
If arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. For additional details, visit the city of Maple Grove website crime mapping section.
- Damage to property on the 8000 block of Narcissus Lane. Report of two landscape lights pulled out of ground and destroyed.
- Burglary on the 16900 block of Weaver Lake Drive. Report of handgun stolen from residence. Gun was subsequently recovered in Brooklyn Center.
- Robbery on the 9500 block of Blackoaks Lane near the McDonalds parking lot. Report of two suspects demanding money from reporting party at knifepoint, suspects fled in a vehicle. According to Maple Grove Police Captin Tracy Stille, there were no injuries and no arrests have been made, as of April 20.
- Theft on the 8100 block of Wedgewood Lane. Suspect arrested for shoplifting at Cub Foods.
- Damage to property 16700 block of 94th Avenue. Report of vehicle struck by shopping cart in Sam’s Club parking lot.
- Theft from auto on the 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of two rim covers stolen off vehicle parked in Wal-Mart parking lot.
- Theft on the 9900 block of Alvarado Lane. Report of handgun stolen from residence.
- Theft on the 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of a bicycle stolen from WalMart.
- Damage to property on the 13800 block of 78th Place. Report of window broken out of vehicle parked in driveway overnight.
- Theft on the 13300 block of Bass Lake Road. Report of vehicle leaving station without paying for gas.
- Theft on the 8500 block of Forestview Lane. Report of irrigation box at townhome complex broken into and copper wiring and tubing stolen.
- Damage to property on the 14700 block of 101st Avenue. Report of padlock cut off gate at yard waste disposal site.
- Theft on the 12500 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of cell phone stolen from walk-in cooler at the Olive Garden.
- Theft on the 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Suspect arrested for shoplifting several pairs of jeans from Kohl’s.
- Theft from auto on the 15300 block of 83rd High Road. Report of license plates stolen off vehicle parked in driveway overnight.
- Theft from auto on the 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of vehicle broken into while parked in PF Chang’s parking lot and laptop case, checkbook stolen.
- Theft on the 12700 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of 12 pairs of jeans stolen from Nordstrom Rack, suspects fled in a vehicle.
- Theft on the 9300 block of Upland Lane. Report of vehicle leaving gas station without paying for gas.
There were 15 property damage and one personal injury accident reported during this time period.
Information updated April 20, 2012 to provide additional details about the April 6 robbery.