Patch Pumpkin Picks In and Around Maple Grove
Looking for pumpkins to carve or for decoration? Pick a pumpkin up at an area patch.
October is the time to embrace all that is fall. It’s time for corn mazes, pumpkin carving and Sunday drives to check out the fall colors. Don’t let the unusually warm weather fool you, Halloween is just around the corner and to get you prepared for the spooky holiday Patch has prepared a list of the top five local spots to go pumpkin picking.
Just a mile across the Maple Grove border, you’ll find Dehn’s Pumpkins in Dayton. This family owned farm has a field of pumpkins for kids to travel through and pick the perfect jack-o-lantern. Don’t worry parents, wagons are available on site. Plus this local spot, off of Fernbrook Avenue, has hay rides, a corn pit and a corn maze. Make it a day trip for the whole family!
- Hours: 8 a.m. to dark
- Address: 17270 125th Ave., Dayton
- Directions: County 81 north, turn right on Fernbrook Lane, turn left on on 125th Avenue, farm is on the right.
- Contact: 763-420-6859
If you’re looking for a full day of fun, Apple Jack Orchard in Delano is a good spot. This family owned orchard, which opened in 1983, has oodles of activies for kids of all ages. A pumpkin patch, wagon rides, corn maze, petting zoo and a gift shop are just a few of the unique things customers will find. It’s a little further away from Maple Grove – think of it as a 30 minute “get away.”
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. everyday
- Address: 4875 37th Street SE
- Directions: Take Highway 55 west through Rockford, turn left on Wright County Road. (Signs are posted along the way)
- Contact: 763-972-6673
Tired of the same old orange pumpkin sitting on your steps? Head to Exotic pumpkins in Andover where you’ll find a variety of unique pumpkins. From “Fairytale” pumpkins to “Ghost” white pumpkins, you’ll find bizarre and interesting looking gourds at this shop.
- Hours: Weekdays Noon to 6:30p.m. Weekends 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Address: 2632 176th Avenue, Andover
- Directions: Highway 10 east, exit and turn left on Round Lake Blvd., drive 4 miles.
- Contact: 763-753-3120
If you’re looking for a good pumpkin selection but don’t want to drive out of town, check out Untiedt’s vegetable stand in Maple Grove. Located in the Kohl’s parking lot, this red-roofed stand has pumpkins of every shape and size. These are the same local farmers that sold sweet corn and other veggies throughout the summer from their outdoor shops across the metro.
- Hours: Typically open during normal business hours
- Directions: Interstaet 494 to Weaver Lake Rd.
- Location: Next to Kohl’s and Gander Mountain
The local Lynde's Greenhouse located of 93rd Avenue in Maple Grove is a great spot to grab a pumpkin and a few mums. This garden center is known for its great selection of locally grown plants and has a good variety of pumpkins for sale as well. You can avoid the crowds and petting zoo here; just drive in, pick a pumpkin and head home to carve it.
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m
- Address: 9293 Pineview Lane Maple Grove
- Directions: County Road 81 to 93rd Avenue (County Road 30)
- Contact: 763-420-4400