Although opportunities for ice skating year round are available at the Maple Grove Community Center, it’s the time of year when thoughts turn to this outdoor activity for pleasure and sport.
The Maple Grove Parks and Recreation Board maintains community skating rink locations with an attendant on duty at designated times. Neighborhood pleasure rinks without shelter buildings are also available for residents to enjoy.
The community skating rinks are typically open Dec. 17, 2011 with a targeted closing date of Monday, Feb. 20, 2012 (weather permitting).
For information on outdoor ice conditions, call the pre-recorded information line at 763-494-5959.
Shelter Building Hours
Monday through Friday 4 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday (CedarIsland) 4:30p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Saturday Noon–6 p.m.
Kerber, Cedar Island, Gleason Community Playfields Noon – 8:30 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m.– 6 p.m.
Shelter Building Sites
(Hockey and pleasure rinks with lights)
• Boundary Creek Neighborhood Park, 10122 104th Avenue
• Cedar Island School Community Playfield, 6701 East Fish Lake Road
• Donahue North Community Playfield, 6632 Annapolis Lane
• Elm Creek School Community Playfield, 9830 Revere Lane
• Gleason Fields Community Playfield, 18815 67th Avenue
• Kerber Community Playfield, 9095 Elm Creek Boulevard
• Maple Grove Junior High Community Playfield, 7000 Hemlock Lane
• Weaver Lake Community Playfield, 8401 Dunkirk Lane
Osseo-Maple Grove Hockey: All the above hockey rink facilities, with the exception of Kerber Park, have scheduled ice time reserved for use by the Osseo- Maple Grove Hockey Association for practices and games Monday through Friday between 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Each night all facilities will have unscheduled ice time for open hockey. Check your local rink for unscheduled ice time.
(Pleasure rink, shelter, lights – weekends only)
• Charest Neighborhood Park, 9480 Wellington Lane
• Thoresen Special Use Park, 6359 Eagle Lake Drive
(Pleasure rink only, no lights)
• Fish Lake Woods Neighborhood Park, 75th Avenue & Berkshire Way
• Goldenrod Marsh Neighborhood Park, West Fish Lake Road & Niagara Lane
• Grove West Neighborhood Park, 7520 Inland Lane
• Hidden Meadows Neighborhood Park, 9100 Ranier Lane
• Maple Lakes Neighborhood Park, 12191 85th Avenue
• Nottingham Neighborhood Park, 15901 73rd Place
• South Elm Road Neighborhood Park, 17255 66th Place
Reprinted with permission from the city of Maple Grove 2011 winter newsletter found here.