Osseo School District Seeks Feedback on $11 Million Expense Reduction
District 279 is asking for public feedback on where to reduce $11 in expense over the next two years
Editor’s note: The information below was provided by the Osseo School District.
Osseo Area Schools is in the process of identifying approximately $11 million in expense reductions that will be required over the next two years (2013-2014 and 2014-2015 school years).
The reduction amount is slightly less than previously estimated due to recent changes in two financial projections:
- Higher enrollment than previously estimated, resulting in $1 million more revenue over the next two years; and
- Cost containment measures, resulting in $2 million fewer expenditures over the next two years.
School leaders invite district residents to share how they think financial resources should be used to ensure all students receive a high-quality education. Through January 13, 2013 residents will find a link to the Financial Priorities Survey on the district home page, http://www.district279.org. Residents can also contribute ideas for expense reductions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Input will be used to inform the superintendent's budget recommendations for 2013-2014 and 2014-2015.
The School Board will host three Community Feedback Forums that will feature a presentation about the school district's budget, followed by opportunities for participants to give feedback on reduction proposals.
These forums will be held as follows:
- Wednesday, Feb. 6, 6-7:30 p.m.: Maple Grove Senior High Forum Room (Enter Door A on the upper level)
- Thursday, Feb. 7, 6-7:30 p.m.: Park Center Senior High Media Center (Enter from Brooklyn Boulevard through Door A)
- Monday, Feb. 11, 6-7:30 p.m.: Osseo Senior High Forum Room (Enter Door 1)
For more information about budget planning, visit www.district279.org