Maple Grove Police Blotter: Homemade Explosive Device Reportedly Goes Off Under Vehicle
A report of a homemade explosive device detonating under a vehicle was among the incidents appearing on the Dec. 23 to Dec. 29 Maple Grove Police blotter.
Police in Maple Grove responded to the 8400 block of Zanzibar Lane North about 6 p.m. Dec. 28 to a call of “some type of exploding device” being detonated under a vehicle, according a Maple Grove Police Department incident report. The reporting party was concerned “since the bottle was thrown under the gas tank” of the vehicle and it was apparently the third vandalism incident at the home recently. Police included in the report that remnants of the device were found on the garage floor. Maple Grove Police continue to investigate the incident.
The following is a synopsis of some of the incidents that occurred in Maple Grove during the week of Dec. 23 to Dec. 29 as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department.
If arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. For additional details, visit the city of Maple Grove website crime mapping section.
- Fraud on the 11900 block of 73rd Avenue. Report of lost credit card used at several stores in Maple Grove.
- Theft from auto on the 11100 block of Fountains Drive. Report of vehicle broken into in Office Max parking lot and briefcase stolen from inside.
- Theft from auto on the 7200 block of Hemlock Lane. Report of vehicle broken into in Maple Grove Executive Center parking lot and a gift bag with $300 cash, golf balls and tees stolen.
- Theft from auto on the 9400 block of Fernbrook Lane. Report of purse stolen from vehicle in parking lot of the Arboretum.
- Theft on the 12400 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of suspect arrested for theft of jeans and two shirts and possession of theft tools at the Buckle.
- Vandalism at Lake Ridge Drive and Zanzibar Lane. Report of small sedan driving through neighborhood knocking over garbage cans.
- Damage to property at 87th Avenue and Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of vehicle scratched and dented by juveniles throwing rocks.
- Theft on the 9100 block of Chesshire Lane. Report of package delivery stolen from front step of residence.
- Robbery on the 7800 block of Vinewood Lane. Report of purse stolen from individual in parking lot of Famous Dave’s, police say the suspects fled in a vehicle.
- Theft on the 7500 block of Meridian Circle. Report of twenty extension cords stolen from back of Office Max, Police say no suspects identified.
- Theft on the 8600 block of Monticello Lane. Report of approximately $250 worth of scrap metal stolen from garbage bin behind A&K Manufacturing.
- Theft from auto on the 400 block of West Eagle Lake Drive. Report of GPS unit stolen from vehicle.
- Vandalism on the 18600 block of 86th Place. Report of house being “egged” and vandalized with toilet paper, water balloons and rubber bands.
- Vehicle tampering on the 7500 block of Dallas Lane. Report of someone entering unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight, nothing taken.
- Theft on the 12200 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of individual stealing an armful of sweat shirts and sweat pants from Victoria’s Secretuspect fled in a vehicle.
- Theft from auto on the 7500 block of Dallas Lane. Report of flight bag stolen from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight. Bag was subsequently recovered, minus a pair of Bose headphones.
- Theft from auto on the 7600 block of Berkshire Way. Report of a leatherman tool stolen from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight.
- Vehicle tampering on the 7400 block of Fernbrook Lane. Report of unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight gone through, nothing taken.
There were 25 property damage incidents, two medical calls and five personal injury traffic accidents reported during this time period.