Maple Grove Days organizers released the first clue to finding the elusive maple leaf shaped medallion on Wednesday, June 6, 2012.
Since the medallion remains hidden, as of the morning of June 27, it’s time for the fourth clue for the 2012 medallion hunt:
Remember, no smoking
Allowed in our Parks.
And no alcohol,
Not even a lark.
So don’t push those boundaries,
When Medallion you seek.
For if you get caught
You’d be way up the creek.
Clues for the medallion hunt will be published each Wednesday on Maple Grove Patch, on the Maple Grove Days website and Thursday in the Osseo-Maple Grove Press.
These clues will be updated each week through July 12, 2012 or until the medallion is found. For daily updates on whether or not the medallion has been found, searchers can call 763-494-5956. The first clue can be found here and the second clue can be found here and the third clue can be found here.
Contest guidelines and rules are as follows:
1. In order to claim the prize, the successful searcher must have purchased a $3 Maple Grove Days button. The buttons are available for sale at the Maple Grove Community Center or from Maple Grove Ambassador candidates. Proceeds benefit the Ambassador program. Get one early.
2. The maple leaf medallion will be found on a city of Maple Grove park land area.
3. No digging will be necessary.
4. No climbing will be necessary.
5. No disassembly will be required to find the medallion, including irrigation heads, light fixtures and park equipment.
6. Searchers must not deface public property or otherwise violate laws. Please note: Park hours are 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
7. Searchers assume all risk for personal injury.
8. No employees or their family members of the City of Maple Grove, the Maple Grove Community Organization, The Patch or Sun Publications are eligible to win.
9. The winner’s name will be announced Saturday, July 14, at the Maple Grove Days festival.
10. Taxes due on the prize winnings are the responsibility of the winner.
11. If the medallion is not found by 11 p.m., Thursday, July 12, 2012 the hunt will terminate and the money will roll to next year.
12. The decisions of Maple Grove Community Organization are final.
Please adhere to the guidelines and rules to ensure the safety and respect of all.
Editor's note: Information provided by the Maple Grove Community Organization.