The 2012 Maple Grove Days celebration has started with the annual hunt for the medallion. The medallion hunt and cash prize for finding the maple leaf shaped medallion is $500 is from the Maple Grove Community Organization and The Lookout.
Clues for the medallion hunt will be published each Wednesday on Maple Grove Patch, on the Maple Grove Days website and Thursday in the Osseo-Maple Grove Press.
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer,
Find the Medallion and it won’t be a bummer.
Brought to you for Maple Grove Days
It’s found in a park (we’re set in our ways),
A Maple Grove park, not buried at all.
It won’t be up high, or inside any wall.
MapleGroveDays.org has all of the rules,
And one of them is, it’s not hidden at schools.
Ambassador Candidates can sell you a button.
Without one of those, you ain’t winning nothin’.
These clues will be updated each week through July 12, 2012 or until the medallion is found.
For daily updates on whether or not the medallion has been found, searchers can call 763-494-5956.
Contest guidelines and rules are as follows:
1. In order to claim the prize, the successful searcher must have purchased a $3 Maple Grove Days button. The buttons are available for sale at the Maple Grove Community Center or from Maple Grove Ambassador candidates. Proceeds benefit the Ambassador program. Get one early.
2. The maple leaf medallion will be found on a city of Maple Grove park land area.
3. No digging will be necessary.
4. No climbing will be necessary.
5. No disassembly will be required to find the medallion, including irrigation heads, light fixtures and park equipment.
6. Searchers must not deface public property or otherwise violate laws. Please note: Park hours are 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
7. Searchers assume all risk for personal injury.
8. No employees or their family members of the City of Maple Grove, the Maple Grove Community Organization, The Patch or Sun Publications are eligible to win.
9. The winner’s name will be announced Saturday, July 14, at the Maple Grove Days festival.
10. Taxes due on the prize winnings are the responsibility of the winner.
11. If the medallion is not found by 11 p.m., Thursday, July 12, 2012 the hunt will terminate and the money will roll to next year.
12. The decisions of Maple Grove Community Organization are final.
Please adhere to the guidelines and rules to ensure the safety and respect of all. Happy Hunting!