“Fully Engulfed” Vehicle Fire, Two Building Fires: Maple Grove Fire Blotter Dec. 10-30, 2012.
The Maple Grove Fire Department also responded to several carbon monoxide incidents.
The following are incidents were responded to by the Maple Grove Fire Department from Dec. 10-30, 2012. Details provided by the fire department.
- 13900 block of 81st Avenue North. Passenger vehicle fire Dec. 10 Owner heard the car alarm, looked outside and saw fire on the dashboard and called 911. Upon arrival the vehicle was fully engulfed. Extinguished the fire, checked out the trunk and the rest of the vehicle, nothing found.
- 6700 block of Deerwood Lane North. Odor, smell of gas Dec. 10.
- Interstate 169 westbound at Highway 694. Steam, vapor, fog or dust thought to be smoke Dec. 10.
- 9100 block of Hemlock Lane North. Carbon monoxide incident Dec. 12.
- 7900 block of Inland Lane North. Strange odor/smell Dec. 15.
- 10200 block of Pilgrim Lane North. Burnt food incident on Dec. 18.
- 7200 block of Deerwood Lane North. Odor, smell of gas Dec. 18.
- Bass Lake Road and Lawndale Lane. Odor, smell of gas Dec. 21.
- 16800 block of 91st Avenue North. Building fire Dec. 22. Dispatched as stove fire in apartment building. Alarms sounding in building. One sprinkler head flowing in kitchen, fire was out. Shut off sprinkler system at riser and drained. Alarm silenced. Sprinkler company called.
- Elm Creek Boulevard and Main Street. Steam, vapor, fog or dust thought to be smoke Dec. 23.
- West of Interstate 94 near County Road. Steam, vapor, fog or dust thought to be smoke Dec. 25.
- 9700 block of 104th Avenue North. EMS call, excluding vehicle accident with injury Dec. 26.
- 12300 block of West Timber Lane. EMS call, excluding vehicle accident with injury Dec. 28.
- 8600 block of Pineview Lane North. Smoke scare, odor of smoke Dec. 28.
- 11600 block of 100th Avenue North. Carbon monoxide incident Dec. 29.
- 8100 block of Main Street North. Building fire Dec. 30. Homeowner was smoking and clothing caught fire, spread to hair. Homeowner transported by ambulance to hospital for treatment of burns. Fire department cleaned up kitchen and disposed of burned clothing and carpet.
- 10700 block of 108th Avenue North. Odor, smell of gas Dec. 30.
- 7500 block of Vinewood Ct N Carbon monoxide incident Dec. 30. Complaint of vehicle exhaust odor in home and hears vehicle running in closed garage. Resident returned home, forgot to shut off the car in the garage. Police broke window to gain access to home. Used four gas monitor to check CO levels then used fans to ventilate the home. Checked neighboring units with gas monitor.
There were also 24 false, malfunction alarm incidents.