Citizen Academy Registration Extended to Aug. 26
Hennepin County is offering a Citizen Academy for residents interested learning how the Hennepin County government works.
The academy will consist of six sessions on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 9 p.m. starting on Sept. 14, 2011.
- Developing the county budget
- The elections process
- Transportation and road safety
- Human services and public health
- The county’s role in public safety
- Hennepin County Medical Center
Interested residents should call 612-348-5130 or email CitizenAcademy@co.hennepin.mn.us with their name, phone number and address through Aug. 26, 2011.